Hi,

João Luiz - Terra wrote:
Hi Tren,

Sorry. My english is not good :).

My server is dual xeon 2.4 with 2 Gb RAM and HD SCSI 73 Gb.
I have problems with delivery delay when my server is with many connections POP3 and SMTP. I use isoqlog to analyze my email traffic, but I don´t have stats of POP3 and connections with my SMTP (RBL, no delivery, ...). Exists any software to analyze POP3 and SMTP log?

qmailmrtg7 is a graphing tool for qmail/pop3/dnscache etc. You can find it at http://www.inter7.com

When my server is slow, I have:
SMTP concurrent: 40 - 50
POP3 concurrent: 20 - 30
Load Average: 30 - 40

Are you running SA and Clam on the same machine ?

Also, are you running the update_tmprsadh nightly (if your not it has to generate a new key for every encrypted connection).

I have many SMTP connections with "not existing recipient".

If that message is in the smtpd log, that's fine.

You may also want to look at decreasing your timeoutsmtpd, put 180 or something similar in /var/qmail/control/timeoutsmtpd to change the default of 7200 (this will stop the spam zombie who hang around just using up a connection slot).

My server was very good. Between last monday and last friday it is very slow.
How can I identify a possible attack?

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Rick