Hi all,

Below are some issues I encountered when configuring / making vpopmail
5.4.28-devel. Most (if not all) are minor issues:

--- 1 ---

When using vpopmail 5.4.28-devel. I'm getting the following error message:

"configure: error: Unable to find your MySQL inc dir, specify --enable-incdir."

This message appeared when the development files for MySQL were not installed,
but the directory existed. Installing the necessary files worked, but perhaps
the message could be a little different because the option 'was' specified.
Anyway, this is only a minor issue.

--- 2 ---

The status at the end of the configure, shows 5.4.27, even though it is 5.4.28,
again - minor.

--- 3 ---

In 5.5 I noticed that the tcp.smtp file was moved to
/home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp instead of /etc/tcp.smtp. Is this the new default
behavior in 5.4.28 as well? This would probably mean that people will have to
update their existing /var/qmail/bin/qmailctl file for the cdb command to
reload the rules?

--- 4 ---

The previously reported error message: "Warning: Failed while attempting to
delete domain from auth backend" also appears in 5.4.28 when adding and
immediately deleting a domain. I believe the cause is also the same as in the
5.4.25 and 5.5 branch. If I remember correctly a strace revealed a failing SQL
query on a non existing table. I can look it up if necessary, just let me know.

--------

What is the default behavior of the newly implemented domain quota's in 5.4.28?
is it on or off by default, and if on, how can it be controlled?

Last question: Is there any major change that could break an existing 5.4.25
installation? I'm considering to upgrade a production server to 5.4.28 status
in order to test the usage daemon, the 2 GB per mailbox fix and possibly the
domain quotas.

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt

!DSPAM:4a68251932715674721194!