Eric Shubert wrote:
Bogdan Motoc - CRC wrote:
The assign file has all the domains that have been added via vaddaliasdomain I only have one set of users and the other domains are aliases to domain.com
Here's what that file looks like:
+domain.com-:domain.com:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com:-::
+domain.eu-:domain.com:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com:-::
.

Did you modify this file manually? If so, you'll need to run qmail-newu to rebuild the associated cdb file.
I did modify it manually, this way:
qmailctl stop
qmailctl stat
... everything's stopped
modify the asign file
cd /var/qmail/bin
qmail-newu
...verify that the cdb file has indeed been modified
qmailctl start

I did everything by-the-book, and that's why I'm losing my mind.

Removing ",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan"" from tcp.smtp and doing qmailctl cdb gives this error when sending to a legitimate user:

Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)

What's in your /var/qmail/rcpthosts file?
The rcpthost file has:
domain.com
domain.eu
as well as all the other domains that were aliased using /home/vpopmail/bin/vaddaliasdomain

What's in your /var/qmail/virtualdomains file?
The virtualdomains file is like this:
domain.com:domain.com
domain.eu:domain.eu
etc.

Eric Shubert wrote:
What's in your /var/qmail/users/assign file?

Bogdan Motoc - CRC wrote:
I'm really sorry about bothering you again about this problem, but I'm really at wits' end here.
I have removed the mail.domain.tld from every file I could find.
Now mail is not received at all. At least now it's consistent, which is good. No more flapping. (have to keep my sense of humor while users can't receive any mail) I think chkuser can be ruled out as the problem. Sending to legitimateu...@domain.tld produces a bounce with the error listed below (#5.1.1), while sending to nonexistentu...@domain.tld makes chkuser kick in and reject the message as it should as soon as I type rcpt to: badu...@domain.tld
511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)
So my conclusion is that qmail accepts the message but when it wants to deliver it locally to the vpopmail user, something causes it to bounce.

Can you give me any advice on how to test the path traversed by the message once it is accepted by qmail-smtpd ?

!DSPAM:4a9e90a732711655344091!