Bogdan Motoc - CRC wrote:

Eric Shubert wrote:
Bogdan Motoc - CRC wrote:
Update:

I reinstalled qmail. This time netqmail-1.06. No change.
Reinstalled then vpopmail. Used 5.4.28. Still no change.
Right now, all messages for virtual users are rejected (except those destined to domain.ro users, which remain in queue) with the message:

Remote host said: 553 5.7.1 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (chkuser)

From what i can see, the only abnormal behaviour shows in /var/log/qmail/smtpd/current

@400000004aa3f5ac28da4274 tcpserver: status: 1/20
@400000004aa3f5ac28da4e2c tcpserver: pid 32069 from 193.201.21.10
@400000004aa3f5ac28da5214 tcpserver: ok 32069 mail.domain.com:ip:25 :remote_ip::56788 @400000004aa3f5ac2ef4ed6c CHKUSER accepted sender: from <my_email::> remote <my_email_srv:unknown:serv_addr> rcpt <> : sender accepted @400000004aa3f5ac2f4db3fc CHKUSER rejected relaying: from <my_email::> remote <my_email_srv:unknown:serv_addr> rcpt <postmas...@mail.domain.eu> : client not allowed to relay
@400000004aa3f5ad2faa56d4 tcpserver: end 32069 status 0

Chkuser is ran twice for a single message.
And I have no idea why.

Anyone ran into this before or might have an idea what could be wrong?

It's normal for chkuser to issue more than one message, one for sender and one for recipient.

Your problem appears to be that submissions aren't successfully authenticating. Any session for an email destined to a domain that's not in rcpthosts must successfully authenticate, which is a good thing. Otherwise you'd have an open relay, which is very bad.

I realize that. But the message that I've sent was to: postmas...@domain.eu not postmas...@mail.domain.eu Somewhere it gets translated into another address, and I can't figure out why. It's true, the qmail "me" file is "mail.domain.com" but that should have nothing to do with authenticating.

Right.

If i change the "me" file into just "domain.com" then it also rejects everything, but this time the error messages refer to u...@domain.tld, which is a valid user, for which it should always accept mail. (this is not submission, just regular inbound mail on port 25).

The fully qualified `hostname` is the right value there.

Submission on the other hand works well, unless the destination is also a local vpopmail user. So this is all a local delivery problem, that I just can't seems to figure out.

Are you mixing local and virtual domains and/or users?

What I do know, is the following:
- it's not the qmail queue (corrupted). I've erased it and done a /make setup check/ to recreate it
- the filesystem is clean. unmounted it and done fsck

As I understand the problem now, you're sending email to postmas...@domain.eu but it ends up going to postmas...@mail.domain.eu instead. Is that correct? How is it being sent?

--
-Eric 'shubes'

!DSPAM:4aa436f432711999460420!