Did you recompile qmail and vpopmail after the OS upgrade?
I'm wondering if it's something odd where the size of some data type changed
from 32 to 64 bits after the OS upgrade, and one program is using the new size
(perhaps because of a dynamically linked library) and the other is still using
the old size.
That's my best guess. I haven't been doing POSIX development in a long time,
and even when I did I didn't wade too far into spawning children and exit
codes. But it seems like the successful exit code isn't being interpreted
correctly on qmail-smtpd.
On Jun 22, 2013, at 6:11 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> On 6/22/2013 8:26 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
>> i'm not even sure it's a vpopmail problem, i suppose i may need a cross
>> post on the qmail list.
> hrm. i replaced vchkpw with checkpasswd. still broken.
> Jeremy Kister