I think this depends on how it's licensed. Does it have Apache 2.0
License? Others can comment on this.

Even if we can redistribute it. I'd prefer not to in case it changes, bug
fixes, new features, etc.

I'd suggest documenting on the Apache VCL wiki or in the module itself
where to get it and how to install it. Also if the netapp perl libs are
freely downloadable from netapp.com then eventually the
install_perl_libs.pl can be extended to get the additional libs.

Aaron