+1

--On October 8, 2009 2:47:04 PM -0400 Andy Kurth <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

There is a dependency utility called wsname.exe.  The site from which
this utility had been obtained no longer exists and doesn't appear to
have moved:
http://mystuff.clarke.co.nz/MyStuff/wsname.asp

The wsname.exe utility is used by VCL to name Windows computers.  It does
a reverse DNS lookup so that the computer name is set to the name
registered for its public IP address.  The utility is called by
set_computer_name.vbs when a Windows image is loaded.  The utility is not
vital for the load process to work.   The computer will receive a random
name if the script is missing or fails to run.  I have seen this occur
without causing any problems.

A script could be written to perform the same functionality as wsname.exe
but this would delay the 2.1 release if it had to be included.  I propose
removing all references to wsname.exe for the 2.1 release.  Windows
computers will receive random names.  I can work on a script after 2.1 is
released.

Yes/No?

Thanks,
Andy