Sunil,

On #2. The VCL load process is to randomize the root (and
administrator for windows) password. It should be in the vcld.log
file, but an easier option might be to ssh into the node and set the
root password to something you know when using xcat's rcons to look at
the console.

Aaron

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Sunil Venkatesh <suni...@umbc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> So, I was able to get the VCL to capture & restore the images on to the
> Power7 blade without any errors. The VCL web portal shows the Power7 node
> being loaded with the captured image. I was looking for some clarification
> with a couple of things.
>
> 1. The web portal shows "Selection currently not available" when I intend to
> make a reservation on the Power7 blade that I have been working with all this
> while.
>
> 2. Once the image is loaded onto the blade, I am able to login from the
> management node without a password. However, when I am using rcons to login
> as root on the Power7 blade, it does not accept the root password I had used
> during the OS installation. Does the root password get reset to a default
> one? I was checking vcl/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Linux.pm if that is the case.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sunil
>
> On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
>
>> This and your next question are both deeper into the backend code that I've
>> worked with.  Andy or Aaron may be able to answer your questions further.
>>
>> Josh

Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University