We set up our development environment by virtualizing a separate
management node using KVM.  I also look at vcld.log for errors during
development and testing.  The log gives the name of the module and line
number as each task executes which helps troubleshoot the issues.  What
version of VCL are you using?  We initially tried to use the module
(in VCL version 2.1 at the time) but ran into significant issues.  We were
told to switch to using the provisioning module which helped
alleviate a number of problems.  This may not be the issue with VCL 2.2
but we decided to stick with the provisioning module for our
nodes running esxi.

Kelly P. Robinson
Lead Software Systems Engineer
Georgia State University