All,

2.3 appears to be nearing a release.  There are 9 JIRA issues still open.  I'd
like to aim for *Wednesday of next week* to cut a release candidate.  Please
try to have any changes you want included in 2.3 submitted and tested by then.

Please look through parts of the code that you maintain for any files that
have not been updated in 6 months or so to make sure necessary files have been
updated and any old stuff has been cleaned out.  Specifically, looking under
some of the backend code at the modules, the following items have not been
updated in 6 months.  If you maintain any of these, please let me know if they
should be included in the release.  If not, I'll drop them since they have not
been touched in a while.  (Is someone going to commit Dmitri's updates for the
ESXi.pm OS module?).

managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Linux/ESXi.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Linux/ManagementNode.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Linux/UnixLab.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Windows/Version_5/2003.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Windows/Version_5/XP.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Windows/Version_6/2008.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Windows/Version_6/7.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/OS/Windows/Version_6/Vista.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/esx.README
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/esx.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/esxthin.README
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/esxthin.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/helloworld.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/vbox.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/vmware.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/xCAT21.pm
managementnode/lib/VCL/Module/Provisioning/VMware/vmware_cmd.pm

If anyone needs help setting up an area to test code, NCSU may be able to
provide you with some resources to do that - just let us know.

As a reminder, the release process is to cut a release candidate (RC) and post
that to my web space at ASF.  Then, I'll start a vote thread on the lists that
will remain open for at least 72 hours.  If we have a positive vote without
any major concerns, the vote passes our community.  Then, I'll post a summary
of our vote to the Incubator PMC, where another vote will take place that will
be open for at least 72 hours (after we graduate, this 2nd vote will no longer
be needed).  Once that passes, I'll create a release artifact from the RC,
publish it, and announce the release.

Thanks,
Josh
ASF VCL release manager