All:
I've posted the scripts and some comments to VCL-587. Your thoughts on direction will be appreciated.
Larry

Dr. Larry Burton
Associate Professor
Electronics, Computers and Information Technology
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
lwbur...@ncat.edu
+1.336.334.7718 ext 2233

Aaron Peeler wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thank you for the automated install script and the nice write-up, this
will be a valuable feature for the project and community.

Before we can start using the script(s) and include it in a future
release there are a couple of more steps to properly deal with IP
clearance,

1 - submitting new contribution's through jira.
Jira is our feature, bug-tracker which is used to handle initial contributions.

I've created a jira issue on the automated install:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VCL-587
If you don't have account, it's fairly easy to create.

Once logged in, select the issue or the above link, choose more
options and select attach files.

In the attach files dialogue, upload your script(s) and select "Grant
license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works as per the apache license".
If you have trouble editing it, let me know, I might need to own the
issue to you.

2 - iCLA - Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA)
It looks like your following the steps listed here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/becoming-a-committer.html

So you might have already signed and submitted secret...@apache.org -
and it's being processed. If not, since this is a substantial
contribution, please sign and submit the iCLA.

Also thanks for your interest in becoming a committer, I'll start a
discussion thread with the other project management committee members,
which would then lead to a vote thread.

Thanks again and I think we all look forward to working more with you
to help advance Apache VCL.

Aaron

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Larry Burton