On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 11, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

>> Kevan,
>>
>> Ugh.  Thanks for looking at this.  I guess it goes to show you can't just
>> trust that another project that says it is MIT licensed is *completely* MIT
>> licensed.  :(  I'll figure out a way to deal with it.  If it works out that
>> bcpowmod.php and str_split.php are not actually needed, can I just remove
>> them?  If so, do I need to document that modification somewhere?

  I took a look at the documentation for bcpowmod.php and it looks as
if it is a straightforward fixed point arithmetic for doing a power
and then a modulus. It shouldn't be hard to redo it *if* one isn't
very concerned about execution time. (An example of doing this is in
the last comment at http://php.net/manual/en/function.bcpowmod.php )

  So the question is whether or not it is needed.

--henry schaffer