Hi Jim,

I have another routine to add to OSX.pm. user_exists. It was mainly
needed for the server reservations.

It's using the id cmd, so it shouldn't need any changes. But since it
wouldn't work for windows, I couldn't put it in the OS.pm module.

=head2 user_exists

 Parameters  :
 Returns     :
 Description :

=cut

sub user_exists {
        my $self = shift;
        if (ref($self) !~ /linux/i) {
                notify($ERRORS{'CRITICAL'}, 0, "subroutine was called
as a function, it must be called as a class method");
                return;
        }

        my $management_node_keys = $self->data->get_management_node_keys();
        my $computer_node_name   = $self->data->get_computer_node_name();
         # Attempt to get the username from the arguments
        # If no argument was supplied, use the user specified in the
DataStructure
        my $username = shift;
        if (!$username) {
                $username = $self->data->get_user_login_id();
        }

   notify($ERRORS{'DEBUG'}, 0, "checking if user $username exists on
$computer_node_name");

        # Attempt to query the user account
        my $query_user_command = "id $username";
        my ($query_user_exit_status, $query_user_output) =
$self->execute($query_user_command,1);
   if (grep(/uid/, @$query_user_output)) {
               notify($ERRORS{'DEBUG'}, 0, "user $username exists on
$computer_node_name");
               return 1;
       }
       elsif (grep(/No such user/i, @$query_user_output)) {
   notify($ERRORS{'DEBUG'}, 0, "user $username does not exist on
$computer_node_name");
               return 0;
       }
       elsif (defined($query_user_exit_status)) {

               notify($ERRORS{'WARNING'}, 0, "failed to determine if
user $username exists on $computer_node_name, exit status:
$query_user_exit_status, output:\n@{$query_user_output}");
               return;
       }
       else {
               notify($ERRORS{'WARNING'}, 0, "failed to run ssh
command to determine if user $username exists on
$computer_node_name");
               return;
       }

}

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM, James O'Dell <jod...@fullerton.edu> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> The 'currentimage.txt' line you were referring to was originally one
> line, and it was commented out.
>
> Chances are, the reason the 'currentimage.txt' line looks weird
> is probably due to you looking at it from a windows system.
>
> The original code has the line commented out. The line contains
> a 'ctrl-M', which windows is interpreting as a carriage return.
> So windows breaks the one line into 2 lines at the carriage return
> (aka ctrl-M).
>
> i.e.
> Original Linux
>> #       # remove carriage returns
>> #        $command .= " && sed -i '' -e \'s/^M//g\' currentimage.txt";
>
> Window's
>>         #       # remove carriage returns
>>         #               $command .= " && sed -i '' -e \'s/
>> //g\' currentimage.txt";
>

> I'm thinking the whole mess should be removed to avoid any problems.
>
> I'm sure you already know this, but Windows and Linux text files
> terminate lines differently..
>
> Windows         = <CR>+<LF>
> Linux/MAC OSX   = <LF>
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> __Jim
>
> On 5/17/2012 7:06 AM, Andy Kurth wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>> I made a commit to OSX.pm this morning.  I mainly changed the
>> indentation.  For the most part, the Perl code is indented using tabs.
>>
>> I also made some minor indentation/spacing changes to the pod sections
>> so that the output lined up when running pod2text, etc.  These
>> sections must be indented using spaces.
>>
>> None of the code functionality should have changed except for possibly
>> one location.  My editor was complaining about lines 1843/1844 in the
>> previous revision:
>> 1843: #        $command .= " && sed -i '' -e \'s/
>> 1844: //g\' currentimage.txt";
>>
>> I'm assuming both of these lines should be commented.  I changed it to:
>> 1783: #               $command .= " && sed -i '' -e \'s///g\'
>> currentimage.txt";
>>
>> Please do an 'svn up' and make sure I didn't mess anything up.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Aaron Peeler <aaron_pee...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> Made progress to a point, I wasn't able to get a full blown instance
>>> going, but I feel my effort was good enough to prove it can be done
>>> and used. Overall the code looks good and as we move forward, possibly
>>> in the 2.4 release, I think it would be ideal to put all OS related
>>> routines in their respective OS modules, like
>>> notify_via_(wall,msg,oascript), etc.
>>>
>>> In the supporting documentation for this on the vcl wiki somewhere, I
>>> recommend to list known working apple hardware. So far I can say that
>>> it would work with the Mac Mini 2011 model and your running it on
>>> MacPro.
>>>
>>> I'll work on committing the backend and db components it into trunk on
> [...]

Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University