From: Josh Thompson [mailto:josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:36 PM
To: vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] release VCL 2.3

We've finally reached a point where we do not seem to be finding any more bugs.

I created a release artifact based off of trunk.  I copied trunk to a tag under
the tags area of the repo that is named release-2.3-RC1:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.3-RC1/

The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
version 1.6.1 with a custom VCL profile bundled in the web code.  The artifact,
MD5 and SHA1 sums, and my GPG signature of it are available from my space on
people.a.o:

http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.3-RC1-incubating/

The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found
under Change Log on the VCL 2.3 release page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-23.html#VCL2.3-ChangeLog

Installation instructions are on the Confluence site and in the INSTALLATION
file included in the artifact.

I was able to successfully do a test install, including image deploying and
capture.

The directory created by extracting the RC1 artifact is
"apache-VCL-2.3-RC1-incubating" (after extracting, you may want to rename it to
"apache-VCL-2.3-incubating" so you can copy and paste all of the commands in
the installation guide).  Licensing information about perl and its required
modules, php and its required modules, and mysql are stated as "system
requirements" according to the information under "System Requirements" on
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.

Please vote by the end of the day on Friday, June 1st to publish this release
(this allows for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL
community is allowed to vote.

[ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.3
[ ] 0 dunno
[ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.3 (provide reasons if this is your vote)

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent
to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may
be disclosed to third parties.