Ah, that solves a big problem for me. Thank you very much. I
forgot that little step in the derivative images I've made after
provisioning my base.

- Cliff
--- Begin Message ---
On 7/9/10 5:30 PM, Clifton B Wood wrote:
I've been testing our VCL setup and I've noticed something in
the logs.

Recently I loaded an image from VCL and it loaded
successfully. According to the logs, after I ended the
reservation, the system proceeded to unregister and reload
that same image to the same host.

I then tried requesting that exact same image. It selected the
same host I used previously. However, rather than quickly
provision the fresh image, it unregistered and reloaded that
exact same image on the exact same VM.

What am I missing here? The image on the VM was just ready for
a quick post setup. Why the full drop and reload routine?

Relevant log entries can be provided if necessary, but I have
to edit them down, first.

Is the currentimage.txt correct in your image? I've noticed that if VCL loads an image for you, it will not verify the currentimage.txt. However, if there is an image preloaded (as with your second attempt), then it will ssh in and check the contents of the file. If it doesn't match with the image name it expects, it will decide its the wrong image and reimage the host. If this is the case you should see a log message indicating that VCL thinks the wrong image is loaded and that is going to do a reload.
--- End Message ---