Ok, we see two affiliations in the database, Local & Global. Both were set
to 0. We are using Shibboleth without LDAP, since Shib uses LDAP in it's
back end authentication. We set the Global shibonly field to 1 and tried
it. It still behaves the same, no new users are entered in the database.

Al Quiros
Florida International University