Larry brought up some good points related to "lurking" in the community.  By
"lurking", I mean using VCL without anyone else in the community knowing it.
There are other open source projects where you are really expected to be a
lurker for a while until you gain a good understanding of things.  Our
community is not that like that!  If you ask a simple question, no one is
going to flame you for being a newbie.  Please speak up if you have questions!
We're available and happy to promote the progress of VCL.  :)  If you're using
VCL, we'd love to hear from you, especially if you have modified it in some
way to meet your needs.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able to install the next
version of VCL without having to apply your changes again?  That can be done
if you contribute them back to the project.  Also, there may be others who
would like the same features you have added, even if it is something simple.

I'm just trying to get more people to become vocal parts of the community.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu