AhhhŠOopsŠlol

Thanks, I was wondering why it didn¹t respond.
Q


On 5/18/12 1:51 PM, "Andy Kurth" <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

>It may not be an issue with NFS or your VM profile.  It doesn't look
>like SSH is configured:
>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|OS.pm:is_ssh_responding(386)|plex02 is
>NOT responding to SSH, ports 22 or 24 are both closed
>
>-Andy
>
>On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu> wrote:
>> Ok,
>>
>> I had 4 VM servers, all using local storage. I created and deployed
>> several images successfully. They are all in the management node. I then
>> added a new VM server, which has no images, and set the VM profile of
>>that
>> to Network storage. I configured the Network Storage VM profile to the
>> correct paths for Repository, Data Store, and VM path. The repository
>>path
>> I used is the same one used in local storage (on the management node). I
>> added new computers (previously in maintenance mode) to the newly added
>>VM
>> host. I tried to reload an image on the newly added computer in the
>>newly
>> added VM host. It fails, saying:
>>
>> VCL::new object could not be created and initialized
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> time: 2012-05-18 12:22:33
>> caller: vcld:make_new_child(571)
>> ( 0) vcld, make_new_child (line: 571)
>> (-1) vcld, main (line: 346)
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> management node: vclmgt01.fiu.edu
>> reservation PID: 14925
>> parent vcld PID: 3590
>>
>> request ID: 280
>> reservation ID: 328
>> request state/laststate: reload/reload
>> request start time: 2012-05-18 12:15:00
>> request end time: 2012-05-18 12:35:00
>> for imaging: no
>> log ID: none
>>
>> computer: vclimg126
>> computer id: 138
>> computer type: virtualmachine
>> computer eth0 MAC address: 00:50:56:0a:00:fb
>> computer eth1 MAC address: 00:50:56:0a:00:fc
>> computer private IP address: 10.0.0.156
>> computer public IP address: 1.1.1.126
>> computer in block allocation: no
>> provisioning module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware
>>
>> vm host: plex02
>> vm host ID: 6
>> vm host computer ID: 6
>> vm profile: VMware ESX - network storage
>> vm profile VM path: /vmfs/volumes/nfsdata/vcl/
>> vm profile repository path: /images
>> vm profile datastore path: /vmfs/volumes/nfsdata/vcl/
>> vm profile disk type: networkdisk
>>
>> image: vmwarelinux-rhbase5-v0
>> image display name: RedHat Base
>> image ID: 5
>> image revision ID: 5
>> image size: 6144 MB
>> use Sysprep: yes
>> root access: yes
>> image owner ID: 1
>> image owner affiliation: Local
>> image revision date created: 2012-05-07 11:11:51
>> image revision production: yes
>> OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>>
>> user: vclreload
>> user name: vcl reload
>> user ID: 2
>> user affiliation: Local
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> RECENT LOG ENTRIES FOR THIS PROCESS:
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(834)|data
>> structure updated:
>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{0}{computer}{hostname}
>> |14925|280:328|reload| computer_hostname = vclmgt01.fiu.edu
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(834)|data
>> structure updated:
>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{0}{computer}{NODENAME}
>> |14925|280:328|reload| computer_node_name = vclmgt01
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(834)|data
>> structure updated:
>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{0}{computer}{SHORTNAME}
>> |14925|280:328|reload| computer_short_name = vclmgt01
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_automethod(834)|data
>> structure updated:
>> $self->request_data->{reservation}{0}{computer}{IPaddress}
>> |14925|280:328|reload| computer_ip_address = 192.168.2.10
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(366)|VCL::Mod
>>ul
>> e::OS::Linux::ManagementNode OS object created, address: 2a64e60
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(192)|VCL::new
>> object created for state reload, address: 2a591c8
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:initialize(86)|obtained
>> a database handle for this state process, stored as $ENV{dbh}
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:check_image_os(743)|no
>> corrections need to be made, not an imaging request, returning 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:is_parent_reservation(991)
>>|r
>> eturning true: parent reservation ID for this request: 328
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:rename_vcld_process(7098)|reservat
>>io
>> n count: 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:rename_vcld_process(7117)|PARENTIM
>>AG
>> E: 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:rename_vcld_process(7118)|SUBIMAGE
>>:
>> 0
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:rename_vcld_process(7136)|renamed
>> process to 'vcld 280:328 reload vclimg126>plex02 vmwarelinux-rhbase5-v0
>> vclreload'
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:is_parent_reservation(991)
>>|r
>> eturning true: parent reservation ID for this request: 328
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:is_parent_reservation(991)
>>|r
>> eturning true: parent reservation ID for this request: 328
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_os_object(298)|VCL::Module
>>::
>> OS::Linux module loaded
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|manageme
>>nt
>>  node OS object has already been created, address: 2a64e60, returning 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(196)|VCL::Module::OS::Linux
>> object created for image vmwarelinux-rhbase5-v0, address: 2a4e620
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_os_object(304)|VCL::Module
>>::
>> OS::Linux OS object created for vmwarelinux-rhbase5-v0, address: 2a4e620
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_provisioning_object(420)|V
>>CL
>> ::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware module loaded
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|manageme
>>nt
>>  node OS object has already been created, address: 2a64e60, returning 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisionin
>>g:
>> :VMware::VMware object created for computer vclimg126, address: 29dd568
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:initialize(230)|initializing
>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::VMware object
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(613)|computer
>> ID argument was specified, retrieving data for computer ID: 6
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(643)|image ID
>> argument was specified: 4, DataStructure object will contain image
>> information for the production imagerevision of this image
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(660)|retrieved
>> data for imagerevision ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(676)|retrieved
>> data for image ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|cr
>>ea
>> ted DataStructure object for VM host: plex02
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:initialize(249)|attempting to
>> create OS object for the image currently loaded on the VM host: plex02
>> |14925|280:328|reload| image name: noimage
>> |14925|280:328|reload| OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(613)|computer
>> ID argument was specified, retrieving data for computer ID: 6
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(643)|image ID
>> argument was specified: 4, DataStructure object will contain image
>> information for the production imagerevision of this image
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(660)|retrieved
>> data for imagerevision ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(676)|retrieved
>> data for image ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|cr
>>ea
>> ted DataStructure object for VM host: plex02
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_os_object(1232)|attemp
>>ti
>> ng to load VM host OS module: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_os_object(1238)|VM
>>host
>> OS module loaded: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|manageme
>>nt
>>  node OS object has already been created, address: 2a64e60, returning 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(196)|VCL::Module::OS::Linux::
>>Un
>> ixLab object created for image noimage, address: 2f09210
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_os_object(1244)|VM
>>host
>> OS object created: VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:32|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:run_command(8998)|$?
>>is
>> set to -1, setting exit status to 0, Perl bug likely encountered
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|OS.pm:is_ssh_responding(386)|plex02 is NOT
>> responding to SSH, ports 22 or 24 are both closed
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:initialize(257)|unable
>> to control OS of VM host plex02 using VCL::Module::OS::Linux::UnixLab OS
>> object because VM host is not responding to SSH
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(613)|computer
>> ID argument was specified, retrieving data for computer ID: 6
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(643)|image ID
>> argument was specified: 4, DataStructure object will contain image
>> information for the production imagerevision of this image
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(660)|retrieved
>> data for imagerevision ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:_initialize(676)|retrieved
>> data for image ID: 4
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_datastructure(1190)|cr
>>ea
>> ted DataStructure object for VM host: plex02
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1293)|attem
>>pt
>> ing to load VMware control module:
>> VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1299)|loade
>>d
>> VMware control module: VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>> 'vmhost_data' key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>> object from arguments
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(172)|set
>> 'vmhost_os' key for VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>>object
>> from arguments
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_mn_os_object(335)|manageme
>>nt
>>  node OS object has already been created, address: 2a64e60, returning 1
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:new(200)|VCL::Module::Provisionin
>>g:
>> :VMware::vSphere_SDK object created for computer vclimg126, address:
>> 2f09318
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|vSphere_SDK.pm:initialize(1826)|vSphere
>>SDK
>> for Perl does not appear to be installed on this managment node, unable
>>to
>> load VMware vSphere SDK Perl modules
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:get_vmhost_api_object(1313)|API
>> object could not be created:
>>VCL::Module::Provisioning::VMware::vSphere_SDK
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ---- WARNING ----
>> |14925|280:328|reload| 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|VMware.pm:initialize(273)|no methods are
>> available to control VM host plex02, the vSphere SDK cannot be used to
>> control the VM host and the host OS cannot be controlled via SSH
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ( 0) VMware.pm, initialize (line: 273)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-2) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>> 423)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-3) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-4) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-5) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ---- WARNING ----
>> |14925|280:328|reload| 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|Module.pm:create_provisioning_object(431)|p
>>ro
>> visioning object could not be created, returning 0
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ( 0) Module.pm, create_provisioning_object (line:
>> 431)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-1) State.pm, initialize (line: 117)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-2) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-3) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-4) vcld, main (line: 346)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ---- WARNING ----
>> |14925|280:328|reload| 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:initialize(118)|failed to create
>> provisioning object
>> |14925|280:328|reload| ( 0) State.pm, initialize (line: 118)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-1) Module.pm, new (line: 207)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-2) vcld, make_new_child (line: 564)
>> |14925|280:328|reload| (-3) vcld, main (line: 346)
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:DESTROY(829)|VCL::new
>> destructor called, address: 2a591c8
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation
>>(6
>> 742)|removing computerloadlog entries matching loadstate = begin
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:delete_computerloadlog_reservation
>>(6
>> 789)|deleted rows from computerloadlog for reservation id=328
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:DESTROY(848)|number of
>> database handles state process created: 1
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|State.pm:DESTROY(876)|VCL::new
>> process duration: 1 seconds
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_ad
>>dr
>> ess(1581)|attempting to retrieve private IP address for computer:
>>vclimg126
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_ad
>>dr
>> ess(1585)|retrieved contents of /etc/hosts on this management node,
>> contains 467 lines
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:get_computer_private_ip_ad
>>dr
>> ess(1645)|returning IP address from /etc/hosts file: 10.0.0.156
>> 2012-05-18 12:22:33|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2703)|unable
>> to use database handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> 2012-05-18
>> 12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:is_inblockrequest(6163)|zero rows
>> were returned from database select
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:get_image_affiliation_name
>>(2
>> 035)|image owner id: 1
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>> requested (information_schema) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> (vcl:vcldb01.fiu.edu)
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1352)|a
>>tt
>> empting to retrieve and store data for user: user.id = '1'
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2709)|database
>> requested (vcl) does not match handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> (information_schema:vcldb01.fiu.edu)
>> 2012-05-18 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|utils.pm:getnewdbh(2760)|database
>> handle stored in $ENV{dbh}
>> 2012-05-18
>> 
>>12:22:34|14925|280:328|reload|DataStructure.pm:retrieve_user_data(1415)|d
>>at
>> a has been retrieved for user: admin (id: 1)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 5/18/12 1:00 PM, "Andy Kurth" <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>Need some more information.  Did you just change the settings in your
>>>existing VM profile or create a new profile?  You should have 2
>>>different VM profiles.
>>>How is the repository path value currently configured in the VM
>>>profiles?  Is this pointing to a directory on the management node?
>>>Also, would it be possible to export this location via NFS from the
>>>management node?
>>>
>>>-Andy
>>>
>>>On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu> wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I have several VM servers using local storage. They are in use with
>>>>several
>>>> images stored on the management node. I want to add a few more VM
>>>>servers
>>>> with NFS storage. After adding them and setting the VM profile to
>>>>Network
>>>> storage, I cannot seem to reload my existing images from the
>>>>management
>>>>node
>>>> to the server with NFS. I know that NFS VM profile doesn't store the
>>>>images
>>>> on the management node, but doesn't it try to pull the image from the
>>>> management node if it does not exist in NFS ?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Al Quiros
>>>>
>>

Reply via email to