On Friday, May 18, 2012 10:06:57 AM Andy Kurth wrote:
> I have created a Confluence page which we can use to work out the
> board resolution:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Graduation+Board+Resolution

The resolution looks good to me.

> Once we are comfortable with the resolution, one of the PPMC members
> will propose it on the general incubator list.  The areas we need to
> work on are in bold.  We need to define the project description and
> scope.  I wrote this as "dynamically provisioning and brokering remote
> access to compute resources".  Thoughts?

What you have works for me.

> Please check the list of initial members to make sure I didn't leave
> anyone out.  This list includes both PPMC members and committers,
> correct?  If we are in agreement that the list will be the committers
> after graduation, should the status file be changed now?

(Aaron P. - thanks for contacting Brian B. about his continued interest.)

> The PPMC members also need to appoint a chair for the project.  I
> would be willing to do this.  Anyone else interested?

I'd support you doing this.  It may be a good idea to include a term length in
our bylaws so that whoever is in the chair position has a definite end to
their commitment (with the option to continue).  I'd just like to avoid the
case where someone volunteers and then gets stuck in a position because no one
else wants to do it.

> Also, 2 more issues regarding the status file:
> The stock bullets under "Project info" should be removed.
>
> The description is currently "VCL is a management framework for
> building, dispensing and managing virtual machine images across a set
> of bare metal machines or systems with an installed virtual machine
> hypervisor."  I don't think this is quite accurate.  How about "VCL is
> a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
> brokers remote access to compute resources."?

How about adding a little on the end about our simple end user self-service
interface?  Something like:

VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources while providing a simple self-
service interface for end users.

I'm certainly not a grammar expert, but I don't think a comma is needed before
the 'which' in this case.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu