Mike,

I think you do know about what this vconsole project does, which just
provides KVM text consoles on one machine.

You did bring up a good feature for console area to provide a consistent
console management mechanism and to extend text console to zones, LDOM,
etc. This feature is not covered in this vconsole project, though we did
have some discussions about it during design review. Possibly a future
project.

Or shouldn't it be another good OpenSolaris project someone or you can
start?

Regards,
Riny