Kevin Monceaux wrote:
> VConsole Community,
>
> What is the current status of the vconsole project?  The latest download
> available is based on b66, which appears to be outdated now.

We're fixing bugs with virtual console. We'll post latest release here
once we finish some important bug fixes.

> I'm relatively new to Solaris and suspect the problems I experienced were
> due to my lack of Solaris knowledge.  I tried applying the b66 based BFU
> vconsole update to a later version of OpenSolaris, I think it was b74,
> with partial success.  I got a few errors about some missing symbols in

Yes, backward bfu may have some problems.

> kernel modules after rebooting.  I was able to switch from X to virtual
> consoles and back again.  But, output from fullscreen apps, such as the
> Alpine mail reader, was mangled in the various virtual consoles.

There was a bug about it in that release based on b66, which has
been identified and fixed. Actually I just gave Alpine a simple try and
it just worked fine on virtual consoles.

> I'm currently running Indiana under VMware.  Is there any plans to
> integrate vconsole functionality into Indiana or provide a vconsole
> package that can be installed on Indiana?

Yes, vconsole should be available in Indiana too in the future. However,
our first focus is the Solaris Nevada Release.

Thanks for your effort and reporting problems.

Riny