William Young wrote:

> Multiple X servers and a gui switch event is an interesting problem.  It
> will be necessary to disable the possibility of any single label X
> sessions or one can visually emulate the switcher with trusted path.  I
> don't think that is a concern right now, but should be a noted
> requirement if a secure X switcher is mentioned.

I think that concern is there regardless of a GUI for doing the
switching.  If a keyboard (or any other method, eg programatic)
switching is possible that can be used to spoof as well (and in fact is
probably even more risky in some cases).

I think though you have pointed out the best behaviour from the TX view
which is that if the system is labeled the vt's are not enabled - or at
least they can't be allowed to enter a graphics mode.  IIRC in previous
Trusted Solaris releases we actually disabled the dtlogin "Command Line
Login" option but we don't in TX (which I'm okay with).

--
Darren J Moffat