On 22/06/07, Dev Mazumdar <dev at opensound.com> wrote:
> > It's for secure switch. The password is needed to
> > re-enter any owned session.
> >
> > You can disable this functionality by:
> >
> > # svccfg -s vtdaemon setprop options/secure=false
> > # svcadm refresh vtdaemon
> > # svcadm restart vtdaemon
> >

> > Riny
>
> Hi,
>
> I guess this is what I was asking about. SHouldn't the default behavior be
> like Linux/FreeBSD or UnixWare where you don't have to keep re-entering the
> password when you switch virtual consoles that you've already logged in?

I suppose it depends on what your perspective is. Is secure by default
or convenience more important? If you're an OpenBSD fan, the former,
if not, the latter perhaps ;)

However, maybe there is a happy medium that can be reached.

Instead of a flat out password required on switch, by password
required on switch after X seconds of inactivity could be done?

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader at gmail.com - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/