Riny Qian wrote:
> Shawn Walker wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I guess this is what I was asking about. SHouldn't the default
>>> behavior be like Linux/FreeBSD or UnixWare where you don't have to
>>> keep re-entering the password when you switch virtual consoles that
>>> you've already logged in?
>>>

>> I suppose it depends on what your perspective is. Is secure by default
>> or convenience more important? If you're an OpenBSD fan, the former,
>> if not, the latter perhaps ;)
>
> Yes, it should be Secure By Default on Solaris.

But OpenBSD's concept of security is about as useful as Windows 95
unplugged from the Internet and a piece of tape stuck on the floppy
drive. OpenBSD turns off all services, what good is that?

Are you telling me that somehow every time I switch mouse focus to an
xterm I should be asked to enter a password? Becuase I can see that
being a security issue just as much as a security issue virtual consoles is.

regards
Dev Mazumdar
4Front Technologies
4035 Lafayette Place, Unit F, Culver City, CA 90232, USA.
Tel: (310) 202 8530             URL: www.opensound.com
Fax: (310) 202 0496             Email: info at opensound.com