On 24/06/07, Riny Qian <Riny.Qian at sun.com> wrote:
> Shawn Walker wrote:
> > Instead of a flat out password required on switch, by password
> > required on switch after X seconds of inactivity could be done?
>
> Yes, I think it could be done, but not secure. Would the extra
> complexity bring us much value? Users may need to remember how
> many seconds left for an inactive session? For simplicity, users
> can just directly disable the secure switch.

Well, that just turns of all security then. I'd rather feel somewhat
safe knowing that if I walk away from a terminal for so long that it
will be secure automatically after a specified time period.

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader at gmail.com - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/