also sprach Felix Kaiser <> [2011.03.23.1250 +0100]:
> > .git/* is not a public API. It's considered internal.
> >
> Not its not.
> Its even documented[1]: "... a valid git repository must have the
> HEAD file; some porcelains may use it to guess the designated
> "default" branch of the repository (usually master)."

Ha. This is news to me. Interesting, thanks.

martin | |
"next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the
 nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those
 conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and
 refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by
 convince himself that the war is just, and will thank god for the
 better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque
                                                         -- mark twain