On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Sirisha Alla wrote:

Hi Sirisha,

> But I have new issue now. I have an 2 UML instances running on 2
> hosts. My application runs on both UML instances and syncs huge data.
> The data syncup wasn't successfull. I see the following error message
> on the host machine console:
>
>  Packet length errorsize 4094 expected size 18178
>
> I tried to bring up my app on host machine and the syncup is perfect.
> I just wanted to check whether this is caused by vde switch/tap
> interface(MTU) overhead. Any ideas?

Well vde_switch is an ethernet switch so in case of congestion it drops
packets (ethernet does not guarantee successful delivery). Which protocol
is your application using?

If you want to investigate problems while sending data you might also
consider using wirefilter to simulate packet loss / delays / ecc.

Luca

--
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.
                        -- Leonard Brandwein

http://www.artha.org/