Tero Siironen wrote:
> On 20.10.2006 15.09, "Klaus Schmidinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> C.Y.M wrote:
>>> Since it has been several years now and I have never been able to solve the
>>> a/v
>>> desync issues with my Nexus-S FF card when playing back recordings...
>> I'm replaying many recordings (actually most of what I watch
>> are recordings ;-) and don't even remember when was the last
>> time I had an A/V desync.
>>
>> Are you getting this with recordings from particular channels,
>> or does it happen all the time?
>> Also, is this with MPEG audio or AC3?
>
> Well here in Finland the channels at least where I've seen this to happen
> are two commercial channels (MTV3 and Nelonen). I don't remember seeing
> those problems with non-commercial channels (YLE's channels).
>
> The a/v sync problems usually occur when commercial break ends and program
> continues. But it happens also in the spots where there has been commercial
> break in the original broadcast but not in here.
>
> However, like Pasi Juppo told earlier in other thread, in last weeks episode
> of Lost there was many fadeout-fadeins between scenes and a/v desync
> happened on every one of these. I preserved an example clip of this with
> length of 3 minutes and there is four desync spots in it. So it is not
> directly related to commercial breaks. I think this happens almost on every
> recording made from these two channels.
>
> Audio is normal MPEG.

I would have to say that this is exactly the same thing I have been experiencing
for years and years.  But, this never happens with budget cards.. only FF cards.
 My guess is that it is firmware/driver related.  But, since only a handful of
people have the source code to the firmware, it is virtually impossible to fix.
 we could work around it by using mplayer with mpegpes to playback the
problematic recordings and live tv is never an issue.  I would just like another
way of playing back the recordings in VDR w/o having to rely on the firmware of
the FF card that nobody can fix.

Best Regards.