Hi Stefan and thanks for your answer.
I have solved the problem starting softdevice in full screen.
But after started it without problems now I get:

[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
 Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
     Value in failed request:  0x3ff
       Serial number of failed request:  250

I have seen that is another value in failed request: 0x33ff.
I have tried with OSDAlphablend value to 1 without luck.
What is the 0x33ff value related to?

Thanks.

Stefan Lucke escribió:

Quoting Leo Márquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi!,

Recently I have connected my vdr box to my CRT 16:9 TV. I use the
s-video(I want to use the rca tv-out for digital audio) connector of my
epia M.10000.

I have followed some instructions to configure xorg with s-video out
from this page:

http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html

I don't know if this url is up to date.
I have got see my wmaker desktop in my tv but when I start vdr with
softdevice I get:

[softdevice] initializing Plugin
[softdevice] Initializing Video Out
[softdevice] ffmpeg build(3345920)
[XvVideoOut]: osd_image shmid = 2686978
[XvVideoOut]: got osd_image: width 720 height 576, bytes per line 2880
[softdevice] Subplugin successfully opend
[softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
[softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
[softdevice] Audio out seems to be OK
[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Value in failed request:  0x2ff

0x2ff = 767 = 768 - 1
768 is the default startup width.

So you can try to:
a. start in full screen mode "-vo xv:full", which adjusts width and
  height to available max values (720 width in your case I guess).
b. choose software OSD blending (via OSD :-( ) or via setup.conf:
  softdevice.OSDalphablend = 1

Serial number of failed request:  337

Stefan Lucke

__________ Información de NOD32, revisión 1.1832 (20061025) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com