Hi,

Thomas Lagemann wrote:

> But shouldn't the rate at which the TS-packets are gathered from the
> input device be controlled by the output device?

But isn't it obvious that the output device cannot tell the TV station
"stop broadcasting, I cannot cope with the data flow"?

Hardware buffers on the receiving devices are small and tend to run full
quickly when fed at a constant rate. Therefore, VDR tries to offload the
receiving device by reading the data as fast as the device allows.

I currently do not see a chance to fix this issue with the current API.
Several functions would have to be changed to pass the information, that
the receiving device may be blocked, to the places where buffer
overflows are detected.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl