On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Pasi Juppo wrote:

Well, wouldn't the solution here be configurable jump length. Forward
and backward jump separated so that 1min forward and 10s backward jumps
are possible. This way most of the users would be happy.

Well, adding more of those configuration options just confuses most of the users, so I'd say no-no to this approach. However, if we cannot assing new keys, we could modify the behavious of current ones. If the key is repeated fast enough (<1s) the jump would be bigger than the previous (+10s -> +20s -> +30s -> +60s). In this way user could easily control the amount of skipping by pressing green/yellow buttons in different intervals.

BR,
--
rofa