Pasi Juppo wrote: > Pasi Juppo wrote: >> Niko Mikkila wrote: >>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:58:57 +0200 >>> Pasi Juppo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >>> >>>> Strange that it works fine on the server and both have the same setup of >>>> codecs. Have to check further. >>> It could also be that the clip has AC3 or DTS audio, and MPlayer is >>> configured to handle them in a different way (passthrough). Can't think >>> of any other reason for the problem. >> Usually AC3 and DTS works just fine. Stream is sent to amplifier who >> decodes it. But, I need to check this further when I have more time.. > > Video clips were using AC3. They have used to work fine so I downgraded > to mplayer 1.0 pre 8 and now the audio gets passed through to the > amplifier via FF card. > > The same mplayer.sh.conf works with pre8 but not with rc1. I added hwdts > to AC3 output configuration but this has nothing to do with AC3 anyway > and had not effect on the matter. > >From the log that mplayer.sh produces I cannot find reason why it fails.
Now I got more log from SVN version of mplayer: [AO OSS] Can't set audio device /dev/dsp to ac3 output, trying s16le... AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample) [format] Sample format big-endian AC3 not yet supported [libaf] Reinitialization did not work, audio filter 'format' returned error code -2 Couldn't find matching filter/ao format! With pre8 version this error does not come. Br, Pasi _______________________________________________ vdr mailing list email@example.com http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr