JJussi wrote:
On Thursday, 17. Mayta 2007 13:21, Petri Helin wrote:

Just a few days ago you asked about xineliboutput... why would you want
to use mplayer plugin with xineliboutput?

Yes, vdr-sxfe (xineliboutput) is my frontend what shows content of my htpc.. TV programs and video/music files.

There IS (in menu) "Media Player - Play File" but 1. it shows only few files (.mpg,.avi) and cannot configure to see other extensions
2. when try to play HD content (720p) avi, sometimes it crash..

SO, then there is mplayer what plays what ever (almost) what I give it... BUT if that vdr-mplayer plug-in don't work, then I have to close my vdr-sxfe and start mplayer (or kmplayer).. OK, I can do it.. But rest of this household don't.. So It would be easier that you can choose from menu what you want to watch..

That's why!

Hmm, the media player built into xineliboutput plays back files with the following suffix:

Audio: mpa, mp2, mp3, mpega, flac, ac3, ogg, ogm, au, aud, wma, asf, wav, spx, ra

Video: avi, mpv, vob, vdr, mpg, mpeg, mp4, asf, wmv, mov, ts, pes, xvid, divx, fli, dv, dat, mkv, rm, iso

Image: jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, bmp, mng, png

If there are still some file types that should be added, please let me know.

I've played several 720p videos with the media player and it has never crashed. What are the versions of xine-lib and xineliboutput you are using? Are you using binary packages or have you compiled them yourself?

There should be no need to use mplayer with xineliboutput.

-Petri