VDR developer version 1.5.7 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.6:
- All logging now goes to LOG_ERR, because some systems split error, info and
debug messages into separate files, which repeatedly caused extra efforts to
find out when incomplete log excerpts were attached to problem reports in
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Fixed a problem with characters >0x7F in the modified version of skipspace()
(thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Fixed a bug I introduced when simplifying the original patch for detecting
Premiere NVOD channel links (crash reported by Malte Schröder).
- Internationalization is now done with 'gettext' (following a suggestion by
Lucian Muresan). Plugin authors may want to use the Perl script
'i18n-to-gettext.pl' to convert their internationalized texts to the gettext
format (see the instructions inside that script file). The function
cPlugin::RegisterI18n() is still present for compatibility, but doesn't
have any more functionality. So plugins that don't convert their texts to
the gettext format will only present English texts.
See PLUGINS.html, section "Internationalization", for instructions on how
to make strings in arrays translatable.
See README.i18n for information on how to create new or maintain existing
- The three letter language codes and their aliases are stored in i18n.c, and
each translation file only contains one of them to link that language name
to the code.
- The 'newplugin' script has been extended to generate the Makefile section
for i18n support.
- The parameter OSDLanguage in 'setup.conf' is now a string and holds the locale
code of the selected OSD language (e.g. en_US). If Setup.OSDLanguage is not
set to a particular locale that is found in VDR's locale directory, the
locale as defined in the system environment is used by default.
- The list of tracks given in cStatus::SetAudioTrack() is now NULL terminated,
so that plugins can actually use all the strings in the list, not just the
one pointed to by Index (thanks to Alexander Rieger).
- Fixed handling kLeft in the calls to cStatus::MsgOsdTextItem() (thanks to
- Added the "...or (at your option) any later version" phrase to the license
information of all plugins, and also the 'newplugin' script (suggested by
Ville Skyttä). Plugin authors may want to consider doing the same.
- Fixed the link to the GPL2 at http://www.gnu.org in vdr.c (thanks to Ville
- cBitmap::SetXpm() now checks whether the given Xpm pointer is not NULL, to
avoid a crash with files that only contain "/* XPM */" (suggested by Andreas
- Added a debug error message to cReceiver::~cReceiver() in case it is still
attached to a device (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
vdr mailing list