Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but...

I'm currently running a Shuttle SK43G with the via/unichrome chipset, running a
budget card and using vdr-xine as a softdevice.  Since recently adding an LCD
16:9 I'm now running it at 1360x768 with xine anamorphic, to get 4:3 pictures
played in the right aspect without black bars up the sides.

I've noticed a quality drop in the picture like this.  It's all just that
slight bit blurred.

I'm in the throws of buying an EPIA SP8000EG or SP13000 with the mpeg2/4
accelerator.  Has anyone had experience with these and 16:9 through x-windows?

Any ideas on how to clean up the quality?

Thanks