VDR User wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Artur Skawina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  I have a similar setup, just with 100M ethernet instead of wifi and NFS
>> instead
>>  of samba. wifi could be a problem, but if you're able to watch the same
>> channel
>>  live you should also be able to view a recording.
> Takes a lot more bandwidth to record & playback then just to record so
> the fact that live tv is fine doesn't amount to much I don't think.

I was referring to playing a finished recording and playing a file that is
currently being extended by the "server" vdr -- alexw said that doesn't
work well for him. It should, unless the disk and/or fs can't handle the
two data streams concurrently, while keeping the latency low enough.
I'm assuming the vdr server in powerful enough to handle the load, yes.