I totally agree. LCN's here in the UK and in Australia is central to
ordinary users experience of DVB (aka Freeview here in the UK). At present
we use scan commands -u switch to generate the LCN data. Having vdr handle
this form  of channel numbering internally would seem to be the better
option but a plugin would be the next best option.

Convergent Home Technologies Ltd
www.dianemo.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1245 330101
Fax: +44 (0)1245 263916