Op Do, 8 januari, 2009 08:25, schreef Pierre-Yves Paranthoën:
> Hi,
>
> Could some pse tell me what kind of patch and v4l drivers i should use
> to run vdr-1.7.x in HD mode ?

According to LinuxTV Wiki for your card (source:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3600):

- Multiproto (not advisable, since it's absolete)
- S2API (More precise: http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin)

And for VDR 1.7.x, you have two choices:

- VDR 1.7.0 in combination with my patches from October;
- VDR 1.7.3 which was released this week;

If you're running a budget only system (read, no Reel eHD for hardware
decoding off H264 or MPEG2) you might want to stick to VDR 1.7.0 because
of some issues with the current plugins like xine and/or xineliboutput (at
least, this is what I read on the ml). Beware though, VDR 1.7.0 has some
audio issues with certain channels like BBC HD (which should be fixed by
the implementation of TS format).

Q to all : The software output plugins had problems with 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 (
and perhaps 1.7.3?). Can anybody confirm that this problem still exists?
Because the reason why I don't upgrade to newer editions, is because newer
versions had problems with the vdr-xine and vdr-xineliboutput plugins.

> thanks,
>
> regards
>
> Pierre

Regards,