On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Klaus Schmidinger <
klaus.schmidin...@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> On 31.01.2009 11:51, Alex Betis wrote:
> > ... [ EPG for time shifted channels ] ...
>
> >     > As an example, 75.0E has NTV and NTV-2, or DTV and DTV-2
> >
> >     Please post the complete channels.conf entries of these channels.
> >
> > Here it is:
> >
> > This couple looks like sending the EPG shifted correctly:
> > HTB;GTSS:12640:vM2O0S0:S75.0E:22000:503:504,505:0:0:100:58:103:0
> > HTB-3;GTSS:12640:vM2O0S0:S75.0E:22000:501:502:0:0:500:58:103:0
> >
> > This couple looks like not shifting the EPG at all:
> > DTV-0;GTSS:12640:vM2O0S0:S75.0E:22000:201:202:0:0:200:58:103:0
> > DTV-2;GTSS:12518:vC78M2O0S0:S75.0E:22000:701:702=eng:0:0:504:86:100:0
> >
> > This one looks like shifting the EPG in wrong direction (its scrambled,
> > but I've compared the content of EPG.data with official site):
> > CTC+7;CTC Media:12640:vM2O0S0:S75.0E:22000:401:402:0:2600:400:58:103:0
>
> Looks like you got all sorts of variations: some do it right, some do
> it wrong, and some don't do it at all ;-)
>
> Since every channel has its own SID, it also has its own EPG data, which
> logically needs to correspond to the times the programmes are actually
> broadcast. So far I don't se any proper solution than having the providers
> fix this.

As I wrote, those channels started transmitting EPG not long ago, so I hope
the issue will be fixed one day. I agree that its probably a provider fault.
Anyway, I think a configuration that will allow disabling EPG from DVB might
be useful for those who retrieve all EPG data from the net, that in most
cases contains more data than transmitted by the provider.

By the way, if we already discussing EPG...
I think the epg.data is very limited. I would like to see an option to
integrate pictures or even movies in that file.
Ofcause I could place tags in description and have a plugin that could parse
those tags and show the pictures stored somewhere else, but I think it
should all be located in the same place.