On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Niels Wagenaar <n.wagen...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Goodmorning!

Morning Niels, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

> You might want to try Igor's repo
> http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin)  since Steve's hasn't
> been updated for over 3 months. This however won't fix your problem perse.

OK, done that.

> Did you install mine S2API patch from 7-10 for VDR 1.7.0? Because this is
> the latest version and this has been tested with DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-S2 and
> DVB-C. And with succes! ;)

Specifically I have installed:

vdr-1.7.0-h264-syncearly-framespersec-audioindexer-fielddetection-speedup.diff
vdr-1.7.0-s2api-07102008-h264-clean.patch

the only other plugin I am using at this stage is the reelbox plugin
output which seems to work fine.

> BTW, you might want to increase the logging for VDR or check the logfiles
> in /var/log what VDR has thrown out (Ubuntu uses /var/log/user.log for
> instance). My best guess is an frontend timeout error. This means that a
> timeout (duh!) occured when tuning to the selected channel. This can mean
> a reception problem (not likely, but good to point out) or a problem in
> your channels.conf.

Now I have recompiled it all and when I run VDR I get: -

vdr: error while reading '/video/config6/channels.conf'

in /var/log/user.log I see: -

Feb  4 10:06:01 morfsta vdr: [17791] loading /video/config6/channels.conf
Feb  4 10:06:01 morfsta vdr: [17791] ERROR: unknown parameter key 'A'
Feb  4 10:06:01 morfsta vdr: [17791] ERROR: error in
/video/config6/channels.conf, line 2

Line 2 is a DVB-T channel: -

BBC ONE;BBC:730000000:A0B8C34D34G32I0M16P0T2Y0:T:27500:600:601=eng,602=eng:0:0:4
165:9018:4101:0

This channel works fine in vdr-1.7.0 with multiproto and there are
definitely no reception problems as all DVB-T and DVB-S channels works
fine with previous implementation (which I have kept in a seperate
parition obviously!).

> The Multiproto channels.conf should be interchangeable with S2API. But
> *some* modulation types didn't exist in S2API when I wrote the patches and
> you need to check this for yourself. You need to check the settings (Red
> button to edit in the TV Channels overview) and see if they are indeed
> correct and change them accordinly. My best guess, is that the modulation
> types are wrong.

It seems that the channels.conf isn't interchangeable as the
multiproto channels.conf now seems to be rejected and I can't even
start VDR now. Perhaps the leading A is now unsupported in the
options, is there a way I could possibly modify the file to remove
this stuff?

> See the above ;)

Any more ideas? ;-)