On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 18:20 +0200, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> > Well, if they don't broadcast their Vpid in the SI data, how is a
> > receiver supposed to know what to receive?
> >
> > Maybe you should complain to the broadcaster about this.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Afaik this is intentional to limit the scope of viewers to users of
> their "Freesat" receivers. So this problem also exist for other
> (non-freesat) receivers out there that do not allow manual vpid
> settings. While vdr does allow setting the vpid (while not auto-updating
> channel data) in this case recording seams to fail anyway while live
> view is working.

I don't know about the recording problem, but I have dealt with this
type of issues (auto-updating overwriting channels.conf) by having two
copies of the channel: one with rid=0 and one with rid=1.  When vdr
updates the channel, it only updates the one with rid=0, leaving the
other along.  I then put the one with rid=1 at the end of my channel
list when I never try to tune to it.  A bit of a hack, but it works.