I noticed that my vdr server was running when it shouldn't, so I reached the
console and forced a "power off"... the server shutdown but then powerup
immediately. This happened several times until I discovered that my OpenSuse
11.0 was not accemptin wakeup timers from 22 december...

echo $1 > /..../wakealarm
accepts value for $1 up to 21 december and refuses to accept values bigger than
that (in seconds, of course). I looked for infos on google but found
nothing.... I can't say if it's a motherboard problem or linux problem...
anyone has a clue ?

Thanks,
Francesco