On 4 February 2010 21:39, Gregoire Favre <gregoire.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to buy/create a new dual-DVB-s2 system, WAF compatible.
>
> I thought about the DM-8000S http://www.dm8000.co.uk/ which is quiete
> expensive...
>
> My other choice would be to create a new HTPC with something like an
> Asus P7H57D-V EVO http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=CadI5xNLwMYopFyJ
> or another H57 mainboard like http://geizhals.eu/?cat=mbp4_1156&asuch=H57
> with an Intel "Clarkdale"-CPUs (i3-xxx or i5-6xx) such that I don't need
> a graphic card.
>
> And of course a dual DVB-S2 card, like a Mystique TV Homepage - SaTiX,
> CaBiX, TeRiX, HDTV, S2, H.264 http://www.mystique-tv.de/ and a good HD
> and a good case.
>
> Such a config would of course cost less than the DM-8000S and would be
> much more full of power (and allow to use VDR) any thought about it ?

I just hope the card is well supported under Linux:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mystique_SaTiX-S2_Dual
My Compro has similar chips like on other cards, however I can't get
VERTI on some channels, or a lot of image break appears, where as my
skystar 2 cards are also connected to the same 4x4 LNB and they work
happily alongside the compro cards. If you are ready to take the
plunge then please update us too :)