I feel sorry, that you were facing so many problems with the plugin.
Actually, it is still very bugous and will take some time to fix them. If
you are a programmer, feel free to help me improving it.

I will consider your idea to include a discard-all-but channel listing
feature. Recordings (except H.264) are supported yet in version 0.0.2-alpha.

Back to FUPPES: I haven't ever used FUPPES, so I just can say that this
should work. But I am not sure. Try it and you will "see".