Hi,

> I don't see the advantage of implementing this directly into the VDR.

I do and would love to see this feature.

My cable TV provider offers several regional variations of the same TV
channel (*). They will show the same shows most of the time and differ
only for a regional broadcast once or twice a day.

Using epgsearch, I will get the same movie several times on these
channels, with WDR being the worst example.

However, I do not want to remove the variations from my channel list,
since there are (rare) occasions when I do want to record a regional
broadcast.

Regards,

Hanno

(*) here are just some of them: