Hello,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> If there's such a big need for having separate marks and output files,
> wouldn't it make more sense to to add '--output' and '--marks' options
> to VDR, to be (optionally) used together with '--edit'?

A great enhancement would be the possibility to add an output directory
instead of giving the -v option. The latter could be assumed to be part of the
source directory path.
If there would be a --marks option, the splitting of recordings could be
handled on the fly (by external scripts/tools).

I think about situations, where the vdr-recordings are mounted readonly to do
some conversion for dvd or backup and the target could be a SSD or raid 0
system.

I would appreciate such an enrichment of vdr a lot.

kind regards

Gero