I use VDR mainly via www frontends, but I agree that there is need to tell VDR what to do with channels from different tuners. For example detection of recordings collision doesn't take into account that channels are from two different sources (two different tuners). It also doesn't understand that it's possible to record simultanoesly from the same transponder. Vdr itself allow for all of it, but module which analyse collisions should be much more flexible. We also sometimes have the same channels in SD and HD which has different name but they differ only in quality. I can imagine that it should be easily possible to teach colision detection module that some devices can record at once, also that it's possible to record multiple streams form the same transponder. But it would be also great if we could virtually join some channels and tell recording module that they are the same channel, so they for example share EPG (it's possible now via plugins, I know). It should be possible to tell which one should be picked at first if we record from such virtual channel. Collision module should advice for example "record from SD version of channel because it's on the same transponder that second recording we have planned" or "move this recording from DVB-S card to DVB-T card because DVB-S card records at the same time from another channel". I can give example: polish channel TVP 1 is available from Hotbird as (1) SD version, (2) HD version. It's also available in DVB-T as (3) SD version and (4) HD version. I have this channel also available in (5) old good analogue version. It's probably also available from Astra, and from local provider of DVB-C.
Marx