From: vdr-boun...@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-boun...@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Oliver Schinagl
Sent: 26 November 2012 10:14
To: VDR Mailing List
Subject: [vdr] Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex
experiences

Hey VDR friends,

I'm thinking of getting into the whole satellite thing (DVB-T user for
now) and was searching for interesting DVB-S2 tuners. I found that the l4m
octopus/duoflex-s2 a very interesting device. While expensive you can connect
up to 8 tuners! to a single PCI-e 1x lane (Bandwith should be more then
enough). While I know there is a octopus mini-pcie device, I heard that there
where some PCB issues so decided on getting the PCI-e version.

I have tried googling for some up to date linux! information but found very
little. Are there any l4m/dd octopus/duoflex DVB-S2 (or even
CAM/DVB-C/DVB-T) users here that can share their current (and past)
experiences? The tuner (only 1 dualtuner board and the octopus) will set you
back a good 200Euro so I want to be sure that the devices is properly supported.

Thanks,

Oliver