> not writable: warning, not readable: exit. Is that a problem for real-life
> systems?

A lot of people, myself included, don't like VDR exiting on its' own
unless it's completely unavoidable (such as a crash). I'd much rather
miss some recordings but have live tv available for everyone to use
than have an exited VDR and hearing complaints about the tv not
working until I'm able to find out and fix whatever happened to /video

VDR should only exit when there's no other option or the user actually
wants that behavior. Otherwise, it should be avoided.