VDR developer version 2.1.1 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The main focus of this version is on adding basic support for positioners
to control steerable satellite dishes. Manually controlling the dish position
and storing individual positions will follow later.
The fixes contained in this version will be released in a stable version 2.0.3
later, if there are no problems.
The changes since version 2.0.0:
- Fixed initializing cDevice::keepTracks.
- Fixed an endless loop in cTextWrapper::Set() in case the given Width is
one character (reported by Stefan Braun).
- Removed all "modified since version 1.6" markers from PLUGINS.html.
- Added definitions for older DVB API versions, back until 5.0 (based on a
- Changed cThread::SetIOPriority() from "best effort class" to "idle class" in
improve overall performance when an editing process is running (thanks to
- Fixed handling '/' and '~' in recording file names in case DirectoryEncoding
used (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Changed the sign of the satellite position value in cSource to reflect the
of western values being negative. The new member function cSource::Position()
used to retrieve the orbital position of a satellite.
- Fixed multiple occurrences of the same directory in the recordings list in
are directories that only differ in non-alphanumeric characters (was broken by
"Fixed selecting the last replayed recording in the Recordings menu in case
are folders and plain recordings with names that differ only in
characters" in version 1.7.36).
- Fixed displaying the frame number when setting an editing mark (thanks to
- Fixed no longer generating any editing marks if the edited recording results
one single sequence (reported by Halim Sahin).
- Fixed an error message when parsing SCR values in diseqc.conf.
- Fixed an unexpected RCS version tag in the newplugin script.
- Fixed an endless loop in the DrawEllipse() functions for very small ellipses
by Stefan Braun).
- Fixed a crash in the LCARS skin's main menu in case there is no current
(reported by Dominique Dumont).
- Added basic support for positioners to control steerable satellite dishes
a patch from Seppo Ingalsuo and Ales Jurik).
+ Supports GotoN (aka "DiSEqC 1.2") and GotoX (aka "USALS").
+ The new DiSEqC command code 'P' can be used to instruct a positioner to
dish to the required satellite position. When a 'P' code is processed,
execution of the remaining DiSEqC sequence (if any) is postponed until the
has reached the new satellite position.
+ The new special source value of "S360E" can be used in diseqc.conf to
an entry using a positioner can move the dish to any requested position
range. Think of it as "full circle".
+ The devices a particular cDiseqc or cScr applies to are now stored directly
cDiseqc or cScr, respectively.
+ A plugin can implement a custom positioner control (see PLUGINS.html, section
+ The new function cSkinDisplayChannel::SetPositioner() can be implemented by
show the user a progress display when the dish is being moved. The default
calls SetMessage() with a string indicating the new position the dish is
being moved to.
The LCARS skin shows a progress bar indicating the movement of the dish.
+ The new parameters "Site latitude", "Site longitude", "Positioner speed",
"Positioner swing" in the "Setup/LNB" menu can be used to configure the
values for a steerable dish.
+ The cDvbTuner now has a new status tsPositioning, in which it waits until a
dish has reached its target position. Parsing SI data is paused until the
position has been reached.
- The LCARS skin now shows the source value of the current channel in its
- Fixed asserting free disk space in the cutter.
- No longer trying to delete old recordings in AssertFreeDiskSpace() if the
Priority is less than 1.
- Fixed handling LIRC events in case repeated events are lost.
- Fixed a possible crash when shutting down VDR while subtitles are being
(reported by Ville Skyttä).
- cDevice::IsPrimaryDevice() now also checks whether the primary device
a decoder and returns false otherwise. This should improve device allocation
systems that are only used as a receiver and don't actually display anything.
- Increased the value of MAXRETRIES to 20 to reduce the probability of
in transfer mode.
- All bonded devices (except for the master) now turn off their LNB power
to avoid problems when receiving vertically polarized transponders (suggested
Manfred Völkel and Oliver Endriss).
- Reverted the change from version 1.5.7 that made all logging go to LOG_ERR
to Christopher Reimer).
- Added Begin/EndSegmentTransfer() to the EPG handler interface (thanks to Jörg
- The code for distributing recordings over several video directories is now
deprecated and disabled by default.
You can re-enable this feature by removing the comment sign ('//') from the
of the line
//#define DEPRECATED_DISTRIBUTED_VIDEODIR // Code enclosed with this macro is
in the file videodir.c. Note, though, that this can only be a temporary
This feature will be completely removed in one of the next developer versions.
Distributing the video directory over several disks was a useful feature in
when disks were still relatively small, but it also caused serious problems
one of the disks failed. Nowadays hard disks come in sizes measured in
and tools like "mhddfs" can be used to combine several disks to form one
A recommended method for a relatively safe disk setup in a VDR system is to
1TB (or larger) disks and use them as a RAID-1 (mirrored). That way, if one
fails, you can replace it without data loss.
vdr mailing list